Saturday, August 22, 2009

Almond Cream Croissants

I got the idea for this recipe from a Tasty Kitchen subscriber named Onesassy.
I did make her Nutella Croissants and those were a huge hit. I was making a large number of these though and I wanted to add some variety. I had some cream cheese in my fridge and figured I could use that as a base for my other filling. We love almond extract in this family, so that was my first thought. I added about a teaspoon and a half of almond extract, along with about 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar to 4 ounces of softened cream cheese. It turned out great. It was very simple, and the flavor of the cream cheese still came through with a perfect after taste of almond. Yum! I will continue to experiment with flavors, but the Nutella and the Almond Cream are both keepers.

For the Croissants:

Use refrigerated croissant rolls, such as Pillsbury. If you are really ambitous make your own, but what is nice about these is how quick and easy they are. Each tube has 8 croissants in it.

Unroll the croissants and separate them into individual pieces. Add a tablespoon of filling to each and roll up like you normally would do. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes-until just golden brown on top.
One container of Nutella was enough for 16 rolls and the 4 ounces of cream cheese was enough for 16 rolls. I used less than a tablespoon per roll of the cream cheese filling in order to make it go as far as I did, but eyeball it. This is not an exact science, there is definitely creative freedom allowed here.

Here are some pictures to highten your interest even more:




No comments:

Post a Comment