Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bleeding Heart Bakery Red Velvet Cupcake

This cupcake was just okay.  The cake did not have a ton of flavor to it.  The consistency was nice-light and airy.  The cream cheese frosting was really good.  If I could have just eaten the frosting I would have been much happier, and found the caloric intake to be more worthwhile.  This was a very rich cream cheese frosting, but there was only a relatively thin layer of it on the cake so it was perfect.
The presentation-like everything else from BHB-was great!  The top part of the cupcake was sliced open to make a space for the frosting.  This not only looks awesome, but makes the cupcake much less messy to eat. 
I would not buy this cupcake again, but I may look for other items at their bakery with this same frosting.  Or maybe they should sell frosting shots.  I would buy those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment