Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cake Balls

This was my first experience with Cake balls.  I have read about them-they are the big thing right now it seems.  From what I saw on blogs I imagined a thick coating of frosting with a light, crumbly cake filling. I thought they may be kind of bland and dry.  To be honest I never really had a desire to try them.  These Cake Balls from Bleeding Heart Bakery are nothing like that, and that is a good thing in my eyes.  They are rich, and like the scones, very dense.  The outer coating is a thin layer of frosting dipped in crushed nuts, coconut, sprinkles, or crushed cookie.  The "cake" layer really seems more like fudge to me.  Rich and moist, and no crumbles anywhere to be found.  They were kind enough to give us a few flavors in our box-peanut butter coated in coconut, chocolate covered in nuts, and chocolate covered in cookie crumbs.  I have only tried one so far, Tim has tried two, and they seem to be consistently yummy.  Another two thumbs up for the Bleeding Heart Bakery.  I am starting to wonder if I will dislike anything in that box of goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment